2017 Fiat 124 Spider review: The Italian option

Post All About Fiat Here
C63AMG
Name: Tyler
I Drive a: AMG

2017 Fiat 124 Spider review: The Italian option

Postby C63AMG » January 30th, 2017, 5:07 pm

I would love to own one of these, great article from autoweek.com...

The Fiat 124 Spider is back after a more than 30-year absence, based on the current Mazda Miata MX-5. Those who have actually been in the old 124 Spider may remember it as a decently-sized roadster with a lively engine and chassis wearing a once-stylish Pininfarina suit. The new 124 Spider is an entirely different beast, one that prizes performance and handling over interior space and comfort, but which offers a genuinely fun ride without resorting to an overpowered rally-spec engine.

The engine in question is a Fiat-built turbocharged 1.4-liter MultiAir four-cylinder pumping out 160 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque, and in the version I drove it was paired with a six-speed automatic. This powerplant offers more than enough oomph to propel the 124 Spider around B-roads and the interstate alike and the six-speed auto is intuitive enough to prevent awkward shifts. The response of the engine mimics a manual very well, to the point that people outside may not be able to discern that it's an auto, helped by a delightful accompanying soundtrack.

2017-fiat-124-spider-lusso-thecarsforum.jpg
2017 Fiat 124 Spider
2017-fiat-124-spider-lusso-thecarsforum.jpg (216.51 KiB) Viewed 369 times

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews ... z4XEKmpUdz

Return to “Fiat Cars Forum”