New 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - 455 Hp

Post All About Corvette Cars Here
BMW
Site Admin
Name: Michael
I Drive a: BMW

New 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - 455 Hp

Postby BMW » May 27th, 2013, 11:21 pm

When Chevrolet debuted the long-awaited 2014 Corvette Stingray at last January's Detroit Motor Show, it chose not to release precise technical information about the all-new small-block V8 that is bolted in the car's engine bay.

A leaked brochure published by enthusiast forum Corvette7 suggests that the Stringray churns out 455 horsepower at 6,000 rpms and 460 lb-ft. of torque at 4,600 rpms, figures that make the seventh-gen Corvette more powerful than Chevrolet initially hinted. The convertible variant of the car, which bowed in Geneva last March, settles with 450 horsepower and 450 lb-ft. of torque, numbers that are spot on with Chevrolet's early estimates.

image.jpg
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2014
image.jpg (99.07 KiB) Viewed 923 times

Bolted to a seven-speed manual transmission, the LT1 block enables the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray to sprint from zero to 62 mph in less than 4 seconds. Buyers who prefer a two-pedal setup can order the car with an optional six-speed automatic gearbox.

Read more at http://www.leftlanenews.com/2014-chevro ... power.html

BMW
Site Admin
Name: Michael
I Drive a: BMW

Re: New 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - 455 Hp

Postby BMW » April 7th, 2014, 5:10 am

The new Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible - Walk around at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show looks absolutely amazing. This corvette really is a machine worth the time getting to know. Have a look at this YouTube and you will see what I mean.

Return to “Corvette Cars Forum”